Astro Barrier is a minigame in CP3D. It can be accessed through the Astro Barrier arcade cabinet in the Dance Lounge. The goal of the game is to advance through every level by shooting all targets in each one. Removed in October 2019, it was updated and re-released as a reworked version on July 14, 2020. On November 8, 2020, 7 new levels were added to the game, which included the addition of portals, a new game mechanic
The game is played on the green screen of the Astro Barrier arcade machine. Only the keyboard is used to play, so the buttons featured on the machine are entirely cosmetic.
The game features a space ship on the bottom of the screen and a series of targets that move back and forth along rails. Each level has its own target layout, and a number of available shots, ranging from 3 to 10. Upon shooting all targets, the player moves to the next level. Consuming all shots without hitting all targets would cost the player a life, and the player would have to restart the level.
When a target is shot, it turns red and stops moving, unless there are multiple targets on the same line in which case, it turns orange and all the targets on the same line stop moving. It will be noted that some targets can only be aimed at through narrow gaps, making hitting them impossible if a target in front of them has been shot beforehand, which requires restarting the level in this case. In addition, the shots do not instantly hit the targets and take a brief moment to travel to hit, thereby requiring careful aiming and timing.
The game ends after successfully completing all 47 levels, or earlier if the player lost all lives.
- Pressing left/right moves the ship in the respective direction.
- Pressing the space bar makes the ship shoot.
- It is possible to skip levels right after clicking start. First, shoot the target seen right after the start screen. Then, on your keyboard, press 1 to go to level 10, 2 to go to level 20, 3 to go to level 30, or 4 to go to level 40.
- The secret levels in Astro Barrier are accessible before level 11 starts. Wait 30 seconds when the screen is showing information about the orange switch, and shoot the blue ship that appears. Then after the 10 Secret Levels, you will skip levels 10 to level 16.
- The Expert Levels are accessible before level 31. Just like the first secret levels wait 25 seconds and shoot to make the turret shoot the blue ship. Then after the 10 Expert Secret Levels, you can shoot five targets with a number of 500. That means you got 2500 extra points. Then the game is won.
- You can earn more points in addition to your coins by shooting at targets and blasters when they are in the Instruction Pages.
- Before proceeding on to another level, a loading box will appear for about 4 seconds. This box isn't a real loading box. But if you press enter, it will disappear and you will progress to the next level.
For the stamps for this minigame, see Astro Barrier stamps.
- It was initially released alongside Find Four.