Richard, also known as Agent R, is an original character in Club Penguin 3D that was created by fans. He was a secret agent before going missing. His color is Old Blue and he uses the original penguin model.
Richard was originally just a placeholder penguin model accidentally left in the model for the Cave Entrance. He was given his name by fans in-game, and the name was popularized by videos made by alaviivamies44. The placeholder penguin was removed in the update for the Halloween Party 2018. Due to fan response, Richard was added back into the game after the party ended, but now with an invisible barrier preventing players from reaching him. Eventually, he was removed again when the room was updated on May 6, 2019.
- During the Western Party 2019, wanted posters for Richard were posted around the island.
- During the Halloween Party 2019, a shadow of Richard could be seen behind the Town.
- During the 1st Anniversary Party, Richard appeared as a decoration on the back of the anniversary cake.
- After the Stage was built, an information board was added to the Plaza. One of the papers on the board is a missing penguin poster for Richard.
On February 23, 2020, the Cave Entrance was reopened. Going into the cave takes you to the Mysterious Labyrinth. Hidden in the labyrinth is a key and a password, which can be used to enter Richard's HQ and access his computer. Accessing it starts a chat with The Director, who reveals that Richard is a missing PSA agent, and that you may join the PSA.
- He was first officially recognized in-game through the posters in the Western Party 2019.
- During the Western Party 2019, a player took the name "Richard" and logged on multiple times during the party.
- The Penguin Band use the same outdated model as Richard.